This is a nice option for tourists who want to do a new 4 day trek to Machupicchu (Machu Picchu), instead of the Inca Trail, because it can be hard to find places available on the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (Machupicchu).
Day 1: CUSCO (CUZCO) - MOLLEPATA - SALKANTAYPAMPA
Our private bus will pick up the group at 4:30 AM. in Cusco, and then we'll travel to Mollepata, which is located southwest of Cusco (Cuzco)(3 and 1/2 hours). This is including the visit to Tarawasi in Limatambo, and We will arrive in Mollepata (9,240 ft) at 7:00 AM, Then We continue by car to Soraypampa, arriving there at 8:30 AM, from where We'll begin to walk to Salkantaypampa (9,900 ft), and the campsite there.
Day 2: SALKANTAYPAMPA - QOLLPAPAMPA
Early in the morning (7am) We'll begin the walk to El Paso, which is about 1 hour (13,800 ft-The High Pass), then we'll head down to Qollpapampa (11,300 ft). Qollpapampa is a small village with hot springs, and we may have the chance to take a soak before heading to our campsite.
Day 3: QOLLPAPAMPA - LA PLAYA SANTA TERESA
At 7 AM We'll begin to walk, passing the waterfalls of Tinajayoc. After these, we'll continue walking down to La Playa (7,590 ft), where We'll have warm weather to enjoy. From la Playa we'll take our bus to the town of Santa Teresa and our campsite.
Day 4: SANTA TERESA HIDROELECTRICA - MACHUPICCHU (MACHU PICCHU)
From Santa Teresa we'll walk to the Hydroelectric Plant located in the valley heading towards Aguas Calientes. There are archaeological sites in the area as well that we can see. From there, we'll take the train to go to Aguas Calientes (8 km), arriving there at 5 PM. In Aguas Calientes you will have accommodations in a hotel.
Day 5: MACHUPICCHU(MACHU PICCHU)
You will have a guided visit to Machupicchu. In the evening well take our train back to Cusco(Cuzco).
- Professional Speaking English Guide
- Private Transportation until Soraypampa (The beginning of the Trail)
- All meals during the trek until arriving in Aguas Calientes (vegetarian options available)
- Complete Camping Equipment (2 person tents, Dining Tent, Kitchen Tent, Toilet tent)
- Tables and Chairs
- Horses, to carry all the equipment
- Extra horses for the clients in case of emergency
- Entrance Fees
- All transfers
- Train ticket for the Backpacker Service from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
- Hotel accommodation in the last night
NOT INCLUDED: The 1st Breakfast and Last Lunch.
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Sleeping Bag (If you don’t have, please, see our camping equipment Web)
- Water bottle for the first day until lunch time
- Purification tablets for the water (Micropur)
- Extra money for the hotel in Aguas Calientes the 4th night
- Original Passport in hermetic plastic bag, it can get wet
- Mosquito Reppelant
- Sun cream
- Tablets for altitude sickness (Easily bought in the drugstores in Cusco)
- Heavy Clothes (Hat, Scarf, Wind Breaker, Poncho, Gloves)
- Hiking Boots
- 6 pairs of socks (Feet can get wet, is really important to have dry and warm socks)
- In the rainy season it is important to have your personal things in plastic bags
- Toilet paper
- Personal Things
- Camera + Film